Today we worked on our Digital Dragons Day Client Specification in our Unit 1 groups.
- Your concept/theme/topic/prompt explained in 20 words or less:
Bullying everywhere should be stopped in order to promote social justice and develop values in kids from an early age.
- How will this reflect the UWC mission?
UWC is a school that promotes the celebration of difference, not it’s discrimination. It promotes individuality and staying true to who you are. Helping to stop bullying would just be achieving that. It also encourages peace, equality amongst other things. Mutual responsibility and respect can be achieved by stopping bullying, which is another of UWC’s values.
- How can you adapt the concept to be applicable to primary, middle, and high school students?
We will ensure to include resources that are of a primary school level, middle school level and a high school level. Since this issue is already quite relevant to all three age groups, all we have to do is make sure that the information we provide them with is a suitable level.
- What hashtag would you use to promote the day on social media? (is this hashtag already used?)
#justiceblog #stopbullying #combatinjustice
- What three links/resources would you provide to help inform people before they begin to think about your concept?
- What about your concept is unique/important/relevant to our school community?
This is relevant to our community because bullying is something that can happen anywhere, especially in schools. By raising awareness about this issue, we can help to put an end to this. This is important because the self-esteem of children is reducing because of bullying and we can help them become more confident by stopping bullying.
I want to use bright colours that stand out, but also colours that complement each other. Also, I want to use colours that relate to the message I want to portray. I want to use light shades of green because green represents youth. I also want to use shades of blue, because that represents safety. Safety and youth are something I’m trying to portray because while social injustice can be found at multiple different age groups, we intend to focus on specifically the youth.
Which font will you use, and how is that choice informed by this resource?
I intend to use a sans-serif font because it’s more ‘modern and streamlined” and may make the logo look more aesthetically pleasing and appeal to children of a younger generation. I have not decided a specific font yet.
Which logo trend would you like to aspire to – how might it be relevant for your concept?
I want to design a logo using negative space, because I think it will stay in people’s minds after they’ve looked at it, making them think about the issue at hand and the logo for longer.
Which noun project icon(s) will you use as a starting point? How do those icons link to your answer to question 6 in Part 1 of the specification?
I want to use symbols that represent what we strive to achieve, not the issue. This would also show that we have an optimistic approach.
Which three students will you use for feedback? *these should be any three students from our course who are NOT in your current group
Anushka, Tomoko, Aarushi
List three questions you want to ask them about your first logo rough draft here:
- Is it presenting the issue in a manner where the viewer gets the same impression that I intend them to?
- Is it portraying the message that ‘we should stop social injustice’ or just half the message like ‘this is a thing about social injustice’
- Do the colour and the font aid in portraying the message, and does it look aesthetically pleasing?
My Commenting Log
In class, we also started a commenting log, where we leave comments on our classmates work. Here is the link to mine.
What do you think about the way my logo will look, and our group’s topic? Please leave comments below 🙂